You love your brand new carpet. It’s warm, cosy and soft under your feet. But there’s always an accident waiting to happen.
You chose beige because it really complemented the furniture and the style of the room. But now, every time anyone has anything in their hands, you’re constantly aware that they might spill something. The beige carpet might look great, but it certainly doesn’t do anything for your blood pressure.
You’ve always got your eyes on everyone who enters the room with food or drink, but chocolate is one of the worst culprits. However, if you knew how to deal with the chocolate stains then there wouldn’t be as much of a problem.
Chocolate seems like an absolute nightmare if it gets on your carpet, but by knowing the right method to remove it, you can start to relax again in your own home.
- First you need to remove the excess chocolate from the carpet. Remove the chocolate on the surface of the carpet with a dull butter knife.
- Remove the chocolate flakes with a handheld vacuum cleaner or vacuum hose.
- Turn your iron to the lowest non-steam setting and place layers of paper towels over the stain. Iron over the paper towels and the chocolate will absorb into them (exactly the same method can be used to remove spilled candle wax).
- Repeat the process until the chocolate layer has thinned out and disappeared.
- Spot clean any remaining stains with a dish detergent mixed with water. Blot the stain using fresh towels.
With the right know how it’s easy to clean even the toughest stains. However, it is recommended that you hire carpet cleaners London ever six months or once a year for a thorough carpet cleaning service.
All you have to do is call a carpet cleaning company London and they will arrange for an experienced carpet cleaner to visit and work their magic. Pick up the phone and receive a free quote of their affordable carpet cleaning rates.
Copyright @ FastKlean