FastKlean: Coronavirus update (30/03/2020)
We hope that you and your loved ones are safe and well during these difficult times. We wanted to inform you that we are still operating and have put in place necessary amendments and advice to enable the safe provision of services throughout this difficult period.
At FastKlean, we have taken all of the necessary measures to keep our clients and cleaners as safe as possible during these troubling times. We know that the situation is difficult, and we will do our best to alleviate as much of the burden as possible.
- The virus spreads through contact with contaminated surfaces. This makes cleaning more important than ever.
- We have adjusted our cleaning procedures to accommodate the need for antiviral agents and social distancing.
- Our cleaning teams are fully briefed and equipped with the necessary tools and protective gear.
- In a recent statement, the Government has stated that companies are allowed to carry out procedures in homes and private properties, as long as the workers are well and show no symptoms.
- The official statement has further underlined the importance of respecting personal space and maintaining a distance of two metres between the workers and all household occupants.
- Work is not to be carried out in properties where individuals are isolating or being shielded.
- Work is not to be carried out by anyone showing symptoms of the virus
For more information, please consult with Public Health England’s official website.
Our Safety Measures
Following the official regulations from the British Government, we have implemented the following policies:
- All of our cleaners undergo daily symptom checks. If anyone is showing even the mildest of symptoms, they reschedule their appointments and follow the official NHS guidelines.
- All of our cleaners maintain a minimum distance of two metres while working on customer properties.
- All of our cleaners are instructed to utilise the new and most effective antiviral cleaning procedures.
Our cleaners will:
- Avoid physical contact and greetings.
- Ensure that a minimum distance of two metres is maintained between them and customers at all times
- Ensure that they arrive at your premises, equipped with everything necessary to carry out the procedures, including a full-body paper suit, face masks, spare cleaning gloves and overshoes.
- Wash their hands thoroughly and dry them with disposable towels as often as possible.
- Disinfect their communication devices thoroughly as often as possible.
- Focus on all high-contact areas and items, like doors and doorframes, taps, knobs and handles, TV remotes and gadgets.
- Change dirty water as often as possible.
- Wash all materials at a minimal temperature of 60°C
A comprehensive list of disinfectants and cleaning products recommended for halting the spread of the virus and minimising the chance of infection can be found here.
How to support your cleaner?
We are doing everything in our power to halt the spread of COVID-19, but there are still things that you, as a homeowner, can do to help us. Here are the top three things to keep in mind:
- If you and your family members are not showing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not cancel your booking appointments to ensure that our cleaners still have regular work schedules.
- Have faith in your cleaners. Our personnel have been thoroughly briefed and know what they are doing. If you have any questions or suggestions about the situation, please contact our customer support team instead.
- Help us help you. Please respect the NHS guidelines, avoid physical contact and maintain a distance of at least two metres with your cleaners. Let them focus on their work and keep you safe.
If you have any questions or require assistance with any of these points, please do not hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com, or get in touch with our customer support directly by calling 020 8884 9149.