Ovens are some of the kitchen assistants that possess a singular ability to make food readily available for their preservations. They are a significant portion of homemade meals and a regular kitchen appliance. Like every appliance within the home, ovens get dirty, and you need to handle some oven cleaning. They develop drippings that are clustered in a pool on the floor of the oven. Foods like French fries when they slip out of the baking pan and are lost within the oven will quickly become carbon, and the grease that originates from constant roasting will fill the glass in no time and stop you from being able to look into your oven for months.
With time and regular use, your oven will automatically become dirty. From grease to burnt up foods and stuck food particles, your oven will become a harbour of foul odour, burn smell and more. And if care is not taken, those burnt up food particles will become carbon and lead to oven smoking, and even worse a fire hazard can ensure. Most modern brands come with an auto oven cleaning future that immediately cleans out the oven after use. But this system has its limits, and it could leave certain points still filled with dirt. That is why manual cleaning is the best option to take.
Oven Cleaning and Maintenance
Oven cleaning is a task that demands a lot of attention. Private, quick cleaning is recommended and advised, but after a few months, it is a better option to have a professional clean up ready. Our expert services are applied and carried out by skilled and experienced men and women who know all about oven cleaning. With the right tools that are modern and effective, we enhance the skills of our workers, which in turn reduces cleaning time and increases the result.
With many cleaning options available to us, we can provide the best services which your oven demands. Our oven cleaning process is easy and straightforward, and they follow three simple cleaning methods.
The importance of oven cleaning
A clean oven is a significant cleaning demand for anyone who frequently uses it. If left alone without proper cleanup, it could lead to many negative results
- Germs: When you use an oven, the chances of food particles getting stuck around the oven are significant. Once these food particles are left to degrade within the oven, it will slowly breed germs and bacteria that will easily infect subsequent foods.
- Smell: Some germs will produce an odour. If not properly cleaned, the oven will instantly create an awful smell. If left unattended, foods made will quickly acquire the foul smell, and getting rid of the smell in the future will become harder.
- Smoking: Burned out food particles can become a fuel for oven smoking. A smoking oven will, in a worse care scenario, it will escalate to an oven fire, and in the best case, your meals will always come out more burnt on the outside.
Oven cleaning methods
Baking soda and vinegar
This natural mixture can get grease and stain out in no time. This is a perfect and affordable home remedy for your oven cleaning. Our cleaning step includes;
- First, we take, away removable parts of the oven, this also means the racks. We will wash these later when we are done with the main cleaning. Our solution will be a mix of soda and water.
- We mix the two ingredients in a bowl until they are combined thoroughly and create a thick mixture.
- Then we coat with the mixture the entire inside of the oven. We will not have any of the heating points closed up.
- With a brush, we will coat the inside of the oven with the mixture. The mixture will be left to sit for half a day.
- While the coated mixture sits and works, we will take to the removed oven parts and other compartments to have them cleaned. Using dish soap, we will soak them all for at least 2 hours; then we will rinse them off and scrub them to neatness.
- For a broiler pan that is in an unclean state, we take the time to get the pan washed and cleaned thoroughly.
- Using a slightly wet cotton fabric and a wooden spatula, we will scrape off the dried mixture.
- Next, we clean the inside of the oven with water and vinegar solution. We will clean out the rest of the cleaning mix with a cotton cloth.
- After all, this is done, and a perfect result has been achieved for both the inside of the oven and the removable parts, we will put back all parts taken out and replace them in their respective places.
A store-bought cleaning product
Store-bought cleaning products are essentially more effective and a quick option to use, but most contain a lot of chemicals, and this is why we use products that are environmentally safe for your family’s health and that of the planet. Our process includes;
- We take out all the removable parts from the oven. Anything else stored in the oven needs to be removed before the cleaning service, so we move the racks aside to clean them later.
- For complete protection of other parts of the kitchen, we will spread unused old papers on the oven floor. We can equally make use of paper towels, which we will cover or lay around the bottom of the oven to hold off any dripping grime when the oven cleaning begins.
- Before we begin to spray, for our protection, we will use rubber gloves and protective glasses.
- We will also have the windows widely opened.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions when applying a new product is our next step to ensure that we get the full effect.
- Then we spray the entire inside of the oven with a store-bought cleaner. We ensure that the oven’s interior is fully saturated with a cleaner, giving special attention to filthy areas.
- Then we allow the cleaner to saturate. It only takes about half a minute to perfect the work.
- Next, we clean the oven racks in a large, plastic garbage bag. We will move the racks into an area that is well ventilated, thoroughly spray them, and get them back into the bag.
- After that, we will wipe down the oven’s interior with a wet dish towel once the waiting time lapses.
- Considering the extent of how the oven is dirty, we may need to wipe with more than one towel. Making sure all the nook and corners are thoroughly cleaned. And scrubbing with a scouring pad if there are hard-stuck spots.
- Then we rinse off the oven compartments using soapy water and get them back to their respective position.
- We take the removed racks we rinse them off using lukewarm, soap water, and then using a wet towel we clean or wipe away any grease or oily substances that remain.
Cleaning with Lemon juice
This is possibly the most accessible means of cleaning your oven. The lemon will come in handy for getting smells out. Our cleaning process is;
- First, we cut two lemons in two and squeeze them into the baking dish.
- Then we Juice both of the lemons into the baking dish and have it filled with 1/3 full of water.
- We will also include the baking lemon skins in the baking dish after having juiced them; you can slice or grate them.
- Then we preheat the oven, and once it is ready, we will place the baking dish on one of the oven’s racks. The step will be carried out, ensuring that we use protective gear and that the house is well ventilated.
- The lemon will bake in the dish for 30 minutes at 250 degrees F.
- Once the 30 minutes have been exceeded, we will turn off the oven and allow the interior to cool for about an hour or until it is touchable and cannot cause any burn.
- After this, we will pick up the scouring pad to scrub away the loosened grime. If there are tougher sections, we will make use of a rubber or silicone spatula.
- Then we dry the oven with a towel and replace the oven cracks. Once we have cleaned up the grim, we will take a clean cloth or towel to wipe or clean the oven interior.
These steps have been proven to be active and accessible choices to clean your oven. For us, we follow these processes to the end so as to maximize the opportunity of using eco-friendly alternatives when cleaning the house, especially the kitchen area. We advise you to take out a particular time for oven cleaning weekly. This is especially important if you regularly use the oven. At least a three-month plan should be made for your oven cleaning. This way, you keep it sweet-smelling, clean, and safe from germs.