For a home to be free from germs, you need to be good at two things; cleaning and disinfecting. Cleaning is simply getting rid of stains and making somewhere or something looks more presentable. Disinfecting, on the other hand, is ridding your items, homes, offices, or anything of germs. Some of us mistake cleaning for disinfecting and that has been a major cause of the spread of infections. The outbreak of the coronavirus is making everybody more health-conscious, and the truth is you should be.
Hello there, good day. You are welcome once again to another of our exciting blog posts that are aimed at keeping you and your family safe and free from germs. At FastKlean, we make it our duty to cater to your cleaning needs, making it possible to focus your attention on your important things. If you haven’t done so, please read our previous blog posts like “Top secrets of a professional cleaning” and “Cleaning with Vinegar may not always be right” for more insight.
It is always better to clean before disinfecting, and not the other way round
So, how does one clean effectively?
Before cleaning, it is safer to wear some disposable gloves. There is no 100% guarantee that it would protect you from infection, and some even argue that it may facilitate the spread. However, if you are not a big fan of gloves, wash your hands regularly for twenty seconds with soap and water. You can also use hand sanitizers that are alcohol-based. Having said that, clean the surfaces of your home with soap and water to reduce dirt, impurities, and germs. Surfaces that are frequently touched should be cleaned more often. Examples of these places include desks, keyboards, faucets, toilets, sinks, countertops, tables, light switches, doorknobs, handles, etc.
And how does one disinfect?
Your hand gloves should still be worn for disinfecting. Cleaning gets rid of some of the germs, but the stubborn ones can be removed during disinfecting. There are many disinfectants on the market today, but you can always find the ones that fight against the coronavirus and other deadly organisms. Also, while disinfecting, keep the surface wet for some time to allow the disinfectant to do its work correctly. After disinfecting, be sure to ventilate the room to allow for fresh air into your home. Some health tips while using disinfectants include:
- Keeping these chemicals at a safe distance from the reach of children.
- Label your cleaning and disinfecting solutions properly to prevent the unhealthy mixing of chemicals.
- Wear protection for the skin and eyes in case of splash hazards.
- Do not use more than required and keep the area well ventilated.
- Never drink, eat, or ingest these disinfectants and cleaning products as they may be very toxic and harmful to the body.
- Keep unhealthy people away from the environment whenever you use some of these chemical solutions.
- Use diluted solutions of the cleaning agents and disinfectants where necessary.
- Always check for the expiration dates of your cleaning and disinfecting products because they may cause more harm if used.
- Always follow instructions on how to use some of these solutions.
- Use other substitutes for disinfectants like bleach solutions and alcohol-based solutions. Alcohol solutions should have a high level of alcohol.
Some basic cleaning tips for the household include:
- Cleaning soft surfaces with soap and water or the most appropriate cleaners as specified by the manufacturers.
- Vacuum your home to keep it free from dust and dirt.
- Cleaning electronic surfaces with a soft cloth and cover when cleaning if necessary.
- Launder your clothes according to instructions from the manufacturers.
- Remove gloves and dispose of them. Also, wash hands thoroughly after cleaning.
You are also to wash your hands often, especially when:
- You are done with the cleaning.
- You have had contact with an infected person.
- After visiting the restroom or contacting pets.
- Before and after checking up on or providing medical assistance to an infected person.
- After sneezing, coughing, or blowing your nose.
Infected people should not eat together with healthy people or share the same properties for as long as he or she is infected. This is a very effective way of reducing the spread of the deadly coronavirus.
The spread of the virus is getting out of control, but it is in our hands to fight it together. If you see a case you cannot control, please do not hesitate to contact the relevant professionals for disinfecting and cleaning. If you were enlightened by this post, please share and like the post, subscribe to our channel, and drop your views and comments.
Recommended books for further reading:
- The Easy Life: Quick ways to clean and manage your home all year round
- The Organically Clean Home: 150 Everyday Organic Cleaning Products You Can Make Yourself―The Natural, Chemical-Free Way
- How To Clean Your House: Easy tips and tricks to keep your home clean and tidy up your life
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A simple, effective way to banish clutter forever
- Simply Clean: The Proven Method for Keeping Your Home Organized, Clean, and Beautiful in Just 10 Minutes a Day