Good day, lovely readers. We are here again to welcome you to yet another essential topic related to health and cleanliness.
Today’s topic will cover kitchen cleaning in particular and how you can become a cleaning master.
Wherever food is prepared, it is always necessary to keep the environment clean. It does not take much to clean the background, and you may be surprised at how much impact it could have on your health.
The first thing that comes to mind is, what is a kitchen? You can think of a kitchen as a room or part of the house where food preparation and cooking is done.
And now let’s hop on to the best kitchen cleaning tips that will make your cleaning more efficient in the kitchen:
- Always keep your sink clean and spotless: Always endeavour to clean your sink after activities like cooking and doing the dishes. Notice of any strong stains? Sprinkle baking soda around the sink and use a double-sided sponge to scrub clean. The baking soda makes sure the sink is not ruined, and if there are grease stains, we recommend you use dish soap. After that, drain the drain catcher of water and mop the sink dry.
- Use the DIY crevice tool and a damp cloth for cleaning the crevice between the sink. It helps to get rid of hidden dirt.
- Try to keep supplies on-hand. These supplies may include sponges, vinegar, baking soda, dish soaps, rubbing soda, etc. Cleaning tools should be kept clean always and dry after use.
- Grout dirt makes the kitchen an eye-sore, and we are sure it is the same for you. So what you do to keep your grout clean is mix two parts of baking soda and one part of hydrogen peroxide, apply and use a brush to scrub the grout. This is where it gets tricky as not a lot of kitchen cleaners know about this last step. After cleaning it, it is necessary to seal, so you don’t always have to keep cleaning.
- Ever noticed some stains at the mouth of your tap or drain catcher? Seeing it kept you wondering how to get rid of it. After careful research on kitchen cleaners and different cleaning techniques, we’ve come to the conclusion that the simple way to do it was to get a plastic bag filled with vinegar and attach to the mouth of the tap or immerse the drain catcher in it overnight. By the next day, it will be bright and sparkling.
- How do you store your glassware after washing? Many people do so facing it upside down or face up. We prefer you to do the former because it prevents anything from falling into it and for proper circulation and drainage of liquids.
- Always do your kitchen laundry at least once a day. The gloves, aprons, tea and dish towels should always be kept clean and dry to prevent any form of contamination.
- Dishes should be done in order of cleanest to most greasy. This pattern keeps the sink full of water and fresh for as long as possible.
- Many people see the bottom of their sinks as a place where everything, both necessary and unnecessary, should be kept. It should not be so. It is preferable to keep the required and remove the irrelevant, so it does not become a breeding ground for insects and pests.
- Pouring grease down the sink is not advisable. We suggest the best way to handle grease is to keep storing it in a container and dispose of when it is full. The containers can be washed or wiped clean with paper tissues or paper towels or washed.
- The microwave is a device that heats foods we eat so the door should be intact. For cleanliness, there is a simple trick of slicing a lemon in half, mixing it with water in a container and putting in the microwave for 3 minutes, removing the container and wiping the inside of the oven clean. The steam from the solution keeps it fresh and clean.
- You are not a big fan of doing dishes, so try as much as possible to reduce the dishes you have to wash.
- Due to its work of squashing smoothies, fruits, and veggies, etc., the blender can store germs, and you may not know it. You love to make smoothies, so after you make them, all you do is put some water and liquid dish soap into the blender, put it back on the blender base and blend for a few minutes. Draining and rinsing the blender with clean water makes it as clean as you like it.
- Making the kitchen a place for storing items is not advisable. Try as possible to keep only fancy and in-use equipment around. The sink should be free of unnecessary things so you can find whatever quickly.
- Not everything in a kitchen is made of aluminium, so that means there are wooden utensils. These utensils should always be kept dry and clean to avoid wear. Also, try to grease your tools with mineral oil at least once a month to make them water repellant and last longer.
- Hard water can always produce residuals, and these may appear in the form of stains, especially in kettles used for boiling. Don’t overthink it. An expert kitchen cleaner would fill the kettle with white vinegar and boil. After boiling, drain, and rinse with clean water, and your kettle will be back to how you knew it.
Meals are always prepared, served, and maybe eaten in the kitchen. We believe it is in your best interest to try to make the area clean. Stay tuned for more kitchen cleaning tips and tricks on becoming a cleaning master.
Recommended Cleaning Products:
- Eco Bravo’s Water Soluble Cleaning Sachets – Kitchen
- Eco Bravo’s Water Soluble Cleaning Sachets – Set of 5
- Eco Bravo’s Reusable Bamboo Kitchen Cleaning Cloths
- Eco Bravo’s Reusable Heavy Duty Spray Bottle